Adam became an animal whisperer. Okay he couldn't talk to animals or understand their thoughts but they were drawn to him. Especially the last two years. Maybe the smell of his cancer was seeping out of his pores. We only knew he had cancer for less than 2 months but I hear animals can tell earlier. Recently animals have been nicer and nicer to me. Maybe because they can tell I am a broken shattered soul biding my time until my death and reunion with Adam. Maybe I have some disease raging inside of my body that I am just too nervous to get checked out. I take some of my interactions with wild animals as being signs from Adam. Um yeah a bird shouldn't just roll up to my front porch and chill.
Or come flying out of the dark of night right by my head at the same exact moment I am screaming in my head how much my life sucks without Adam. Then come to rest within two feet of me. Pic taken about 6 inches away.
And these guys come and they just chill. I go inside and they don't go away unless I push them away. These two guys were taken one month apart. 7/7/11 and 8/9/11. They always come when I am feeling really down.
In the beginning stray cats would come to the house and let me pet them. I would see them for a week and then they would disappear never to be seen again. What is going on inside of me that now, after Adam's death, animals are coming to me? The frequency has been increasing and sometimes I am lucky enough to have my phone in my hand to take a picture. Sometimes I don't. Like the snowy white owl I saw in April. Or the lizards that run across my toes. Like waaay too often now. Oh one of the lizards Adam and I found and rescued during one of our cold spells came around recently. I wondered where he got to, he is chillin on the trunk of the palm tree. Funny, I can hear Adam saying "Liiiiiiiiizard!!" Pic 7/22
So answer me people, why are all these animals just chillin by me? What are they picking up on that lets them feel safe or that their fight or flight mode does not kick in? I like to think signs from Adam. I am open to a sound scientific explanation for all of these events. However I don't think science can fully explain what has been happen. Maybe I can have fun with statistics and pull the dates off the pics I do have and see if the events are random or not. Hmm...
All of them make me feel good. I am dying one day at a time, just not sure how quickly I am approaching that date. One can dream.



No comments:
Post a Comment