Thursday, March 24, 2011

He was the better person.

I have been so mad for so long at all the people who I think should have died instead of him. He was always the better person. To try to work through my anger I am trying to look at things in a different way.

He was an extraordinary guy. He had his ways but over all he did so many great things. "i passed out food to the homeless today in miami. They were so grateful." a quote from his twitter feed. I remember we would walk over to Wendy's for lunch and a homeless guy was sitting out front. Adam went in and bought him a meal. Another time we were walking back to our car after a concert and it was cold out. Adam saw a homeless guy in a shirt and shorts. He asked for money. Adam said he didn't have any but took the sweater off his back and a blanket out of our car and gave it to the man. The guy quickly threw on Adam's sweater and wrapped himself up in the blanket.

He LOVED cats. If he could rescue every cat he saw, oh my goodness! I had gone out of town with my parents, while I was away he rescued a kitten. He was at work and saw some kids with a backpack and inside the backpack was a little kitten. I told him before he needed to stop bringing cats home. Yes it was becoming a problem. He always had a need to help others even our furry friends. Adam confronted the kids and told them to give the kitten to him. He called me to tell me and I told him when we get home that kitten has to be gone. I get home and the kitten is still there! He begged and pleaded with me to let us keep the lil one. We had four cats already, no way! He found the kitty a good home. Her new owner is an up and coming musical artist in New York. She kept Adam updated on the kitty.
Tori & me. Rescued by Adam

I could go on and on about all the little things he did, the things he tried to do, to help others. He wasn't a saint! Far from. He had his faults.He cursed like a sailor and was one of the most cynical people I have ever known. Could you really blame him?  He made choices out of pure compassion that are so beyond the comprehension of most that they just cannot wrap their minds around it. He gives me a standard to live up to.


I know that anger and resentment are apart of this journey. I recognize my needs for personal growth in this area. If you know me its pretty obvious I need help in the anger and grudge department. He was learning, teaching, and helping me in this area of my life. Yet again, me being a slow learner compared to him is blaring in my face! I am making progress.

So today is 9 months. I miss him like ca-razy. I am pushing myself to be more optimistic like him. I really am a better person because of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment