Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"The Most Beautiful Thing"

So many bag stories, this is my first without him. Yesterday I caught myself before I made a call to him.  I saw a bag in the wind....it came rushing into our yard, danced with the leaves, then it shot over the house and disappeared. I want to tell him so badly it hurts. He always said it "was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen."

Taken by Adam September 2009 en-route to school

The bag dancing in the wind got my heart to skip that old familiar skip. I miss the butterflies I would get in my stomach right before I saw him. Six years together and the butterflies never went away. I miss that he could take my breathe away with just a smile. Sometimes the butterfly feeling comes back. My heart leaps in my chest as if my soul knows he is nearby. A comfort and warmth so familiar washes over me. For an instant I feel me again. Then the feeling disappears and I am left with the indescribable void, a sunken heart, and gut wrenching pain.

I wish more people could see beauty in the little things the way he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment