So why all the talk of rain? Well it triggers sweet memories for me. Like begging him to get out of the rain when lightning is right on top of us. I had a huge fear of getting struck by lightning. He used to laugh at me for it! I would run as fast as I could to the metro but I wore flip flops and couldn't keep my balance so I had to hold on to him to steady my step. I would beg and beg, please lets walk faster. He would laugh and casually walk as thunder boomed over head. He would keep a firm grip on my arm in case I began to fall. He caught me many times. In the house when a big burst of thunder or a bright lightning lite up the house I would jump feet in the air and grab hold of him. He thought it was the funniest thing. He said I was being so silly that I had nothing to fear. I don't fear it as much as I used to.
| 2007 Watching the Rain |
Oh and we went to a bunch of music festivals with crazy rain and we still danced in it!! Unless it was too crazy and then we would run and try to find cover. So many memories and luckily some pictures to help remind me how much we laughed, shivered, and had tons of fun in the rain while watching our favorite artist perform. I am also blessed with the memories of the concerts we went to before we dated or knew each other....oh yeah...he was feet away from me on so many occasions getting drenched cheering, singing, and dancing right there by me.
| 2007 Ultra. His back after a downpour. Silly dry pattern. |
I miss you rain buddy!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment