Thursday, April 21, 2011

Walking Away

I am really good at avoiding things. Don't get me wrong there are other situations I am that fierce rabid dog that won't stop attacking. Most of the time I like to avoid drama. My tolerance for stupidity is relatively low.  I usually will stay mum on my opinions. There are far more important things going on in the world and in my life to tell you why your stance is ill researched and just plain ignorant. I am one of those people who really does not care what you think. In some circumstances if my opinion offends another I will politely tell them why they are wrong, apologize (which is more to myself for forgetting that there are dumb-asses on this planet), then go on my merry way. Some situations are exceptionally delicate and its better to just calm the surface instead of really driving home the point how god awful a person is being.

Anyways I prefer to walk away from sticky situations. Clean my hands and walk away. Most people hate that I do this. Adam was better with this than me. He had it down to an art form. Walk away and pray that others will realize that they did something wrong. If anything in time they would forget why they were upset at him anyways. If someone doesn't want to see the error of their ways, they won't. I have an impulsive need to try to get people to see the reality and truth of a situation. He had control. Oh I wish I had that level of control! Sometimes I crack. I spew word vomit all over the place. It does feel good to get it out. Its cleaning up the mess afterwards I don't like and why Adam would hold his vomit down.

I do want to bring enlightenment to this world, but the saying is true, you can  lead the horses to water but you can't make him drink. I am only frustrated that the horse is so thick that he won't take a drink and feel better. I think humans are far more stubborn than a horse. At least in my experiences. Why waste your time on those who do not want to be saved? Right now I need to save myself and I am just gonna walk away from a toxic situation.

There are situations you face in your life where you realize that you have to live with yourself. You have to do what is best for you. I came into this world by myself and I am leaving that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment