I have asked this question a million times. I know that cancer has to do with a genetic defect. One cell gets damaged and then goes crazy taking over the body. Which is kind of stupid on that cell's part in that it doesn't want to die yet it destroys the host and dies anyways. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Upon his official diagnosis, happy birthday to me, we began to do some research. What did he do to increase his risk? What did he eat, or do, or get exposed to that damaged that one cell? Nothing. He lived and I guess that was a risk factor enough. It seems today that anything and everything increases your risk for cancer. Modern medical science has yet to come up with things to do to decrease ones risk to his disease. Honestly I don't even think they are trying to figure out anything anymore.
For the spiritual side of why not me too, I look at life like this...its a lesson. Every life we live is a spiritual lesson. What was it that he learned? What revelations did he come to that allowed his soul to say, okay, I am done with this body? Why the hell didn't he tell me what it learned!? Sharing is caring dammit!
I am working to improve myself. Adam was nice enough to share on occasion my faults. How can someone improve if they don't know what is wrong? I let him know his faults too, and we both worked on our issues because that is what people are supposed to do. That is if you want to continue on your journey of spiritual growth.
I have become less materialist. I am okay with my money out living me. I want it to. I take more time to appreciate the world around me. I am working on trying to forgive people. Though some people make it hard when they keep repeating their offenses. So I will hold off on forgiving them until they are done being dickwads. I donno how Adam did it, and I admire the hell out of him for what he was able to do that I am struggling so hard to do myself. It is becoming easier to forgive others the more I am able to do it. I would let down myself and him if I didn't keep pushing forward on my journey. So once I reach my spiritual enlightenment, will I be allowed to go then? What method of death will my soul use to discard this body? Time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment