Monday, May 2, 2011

A Historic Day and He Missed It

We used to talk about where we were when the planes hit the towers. The surrealism of the moment. One day our children and our children's children will ask us where we were that day the same way we asked our parents and grandparents where they were for the Kennedy Assassination. It was a day that would scar our nation's history and we were alive to witness it.

Last night came the news that the man responsible for the death of thousands had been killed. An event that will be written about in history books for generations to come. I wish he was here to be apart of it all. I am blessed to have known him so well that I can close my eyes and watch him react to news of such historic proportions. I wish he was here instead of the images in my head and feelings inside of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment