Thursday, June 2, 2011

Highs and Lows

Some days are good days. In that you are able to enjoy the activities of the day. For moments you can find peace. As June approached I felt the build up of pressure inside my soul. Yesterday, June 1, I let it out. Not in the ideal location...37,000 feet in the air. I kept myself turned to the window. Then I could hear his calls out in agony from the first chemo treatment. I found myself relating to him better. The roar of the jets muffled my yelps of pain.

My travels always leave me conflicted. Every new thing I do comes with a sense of joy and sadness. I am so glad that he came into my life and continues to push me to try new things. When we are together again I want to brag to him about all have I have done. Neeeaaaaw. He would so get that. I am sure he is doing the same damn thing cause that is how we work. We are the ultimate one uppers of each other.

Up in the air, down on the ground, I am everywhere these last few days. So is my life.

----

"They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it. Death cannot kill what never dies." - William Penn. No truer words were ever spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment