Saturday, January 8, 2011

Communication and Death

--Rambling of ideas of communication after death--

Communication is vital to the growth and stability of our species and our own development.You need to learn how to communicate in order to survive. A baby cries for its mother to feed it. Early humans developed coordinated hunting strategies to feed their clan.  Communication has flourish and grown from a few vocal sounds to millions of words in thousands of languages. We have advanced our communication technologies from smoke signals to Facebook. Our ability to communicate and its continued development is really quite impressive.

Did you know that scientist have sent out messages on radio waves to distant parts of our galaxy? Their hope is that maybe an alien species will communicate back to us. We have hundreds of satellites scanning the skies listening for a message from a distant planet with intelligent life. Statistically it is far fetched to say that the only living organisms in this universe, let alone the only intelligent life, rest soley on this planet. I am willing to keep my mind open to the idea, even though there is no proof of the existence of any other complex life forms, that alien life probably does exist.

No one can definitively say that after we die blah happens. Sure our bodies rot and decay but is that really who you are? Don't you think you are more than just your body? Love cannot be measured in a laboratory, nor can you because who YOU are is as intangible as love. I like to think that if enough people under go a specific experience (NDE,ADC), then maybe that idea might be worth considering as existing. Love is an experience that many of us go through and yet science cannot prove or disprove its existence and yet our culture accepts love with open arms. However the idea of an afterlife or NDE are shunned as being weird and cookey, even though so many have had this experience. Hmm.....

Cultural beliefs spanning thousands of years have considered the idea of an afterlife. Cavemen had burial ceremonies where the dead were later found to be buried with material goods for their passage into another realm. They are finding burial sites from ancient cultures all over the world where the dead are prepared a certain way for burial.  What is it that is in our nature that demands this....cant think of a good word....process? If there is a reason to everything, what is the reason for this? Why has man looked to the heavens since the "beginning of  time"? How can so many share an experience like near death and it be so universal to all cultures and ages? I like to think that there is something more than this life. 

A quote from Hamlet by Shakespeare (der). Act 1 Scene 2.
Queen Gertrude: Thou know'st 'tis common; all that lives must die, Passing through nature to eternity.

From the moment our cells begin to multiple to create our physical bodies we are destined for death. Yes we need to cherish our time on earth as best we can because in the grand scope of reality our lives are hardly a blip on the cosmic clock. Time is relative. Adam did right by himself by living his life the best he could given the resources and time he had. Can we all say the same?

For my own sanity I must insist on believing that our lives continue after the death of the body. My body is a tool to be used by me...which I will call my soul...to learn and teach something. What that is I do not know. Philosophers have said, "I think therefor I am". I exist because I can question my own existence. There has to be something more. I have seen things so magnificent and so profound that I can no longer ignore what has happened around me. I used to be pretty skeptical. For the most part I am. I want to understand so I continue to look for information to disprove or support my assumptions afterlife communications.

I feel that there is something more. That Adam's body is dead and gone but HE is not. He is alive and well in another form. I am still in a very loving and devoted relationship with Adam. Communication is still possible. I love to research so I have found some crazy ways some weirdos have devices up, but communication is far simpler than one might think. I have found that again through out our human culture we have relied on thought to help us communicate with the higher power. I go to church when people are in prayer and it is silent, meaning they are thinking their prayers to God. I am taking my cue to think my thoughts to Adam. Guess what? He responds!!!!!

I learned in my communication classes that to be a good communicator you have to be a good listener. That listening is not a me eat me breathe, natural skill. It is learned. It takes hard work and practice to be a really good communicator. Not only at sending out messages that others can properly interpret but also in receiving messages. Its not all done vocally. Adam and I would go out to dinner and never say a word out loud to the other and yet it felt like we talked the whole time. Then when we did physically manipulate air through our vocal cords to speak, our non-verbal communications sent during dinner were read loud and clear.

Souls can communicate without our conscience having a freaking idea its happening. The whole thing about the first time I saw Adam, it really is weird how much detail I remember from that day. There is no logical reason for me to remember that day. It really was just another day. I can't tell you what I wore or what I else I did that day but I can tell you what he wore and what he did that night. I think its strange. My soul found his and unbeknown to me locked away information into my memory.

Given all this information I have taken in, and my analysis of this information. From atheist to philosophers to believers, I am working to improve my communications with Adam. Like I said he responds. Poems, quotes, music, tv shows, movies, its really weird. I was going to write about the one from yesterday but for the life of me I cannot find the link. Okay Adam clearly doesn't want me to tell you our conversation. Bond of Silence cross my heart. It was really lovey dovey made me cry and feel loved, it was awesome. hmphf

Anywho that's my rambling for now. Communication takes lots of hard work alive it is doubly hard when you are physically dead. Its up to us who are still in our physical bodies to try to find ways to not only convey our own messages to our loved ones but to also be open to receiving them. Its because of this mind set I have not felt alone or abandoned. Do what you gotta do to survive during such dark times. This has helped me and maybe it could help you one day too.

3 comments:

  1. I love love love this post... so beautifully written, and I could not agree more. I completely believe in an an afterlife and I really feel like earth is a classroom for our souls. I know I can communicate with Elliott too, sometimes I hear him in my head. But, the grief is so heavy is makes the connection fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Grief does drones things out. I think when you have a special bond with someone you can reach out across the planes(whatever they might be). I know ya'll can "talk". That hokey pokey stuff that's in books and the internet is BS. Its meant to pray on the vulnerable. Just think a thought, wait, and listen.

    Hope that your connection clears up. "Can you hear me now?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Andrea, I lost my husband nearly 3 yrs ago. The spirituality that I cultivated completely failed me. As I grieved so deeply I also dug deeper so I could understand things that I believed but had not worked toward integrating them into my life. I still have questions but the beautiful thing I practice each night before I sleep is such a comfort. C. S. Lewis said something so profound - "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." So what I do each night is allow my soul (who I really am) to slip through the veil and go to my Beloved. I am the voice of my soul, and it such a comfort to believe I can communicate my love and know that he is holding me up into the very bright light of our love, giving me reassurance, cheering me on as I struggle with trying to find my "after" me. Sorry this was long - but I wanted to share it with you - you, a grieving widow who believes deeply in possibilities. I am so very sorry that the absolute love of your life was taken from you. I will hold you close to my heart, and offer my best thoughts for comfort and healing. Karen Sutherland

    ReplyDelete