Grief is usually related to roller-coasters or waves. I like waves...I think it fits better. Waves on the ocean are natural. Grief is natural.There is an ebb and flow to it. Sometimes its predictable and other times a wave slaps you in the face and you get water up your nose.
Well I got water up my nose the other day. I'm usually really good at ignoring stupid people and not even noticing they exist but every now and again their foulness somehow comes to my attention. Anywho I liken them to the feeling of having ocean water rushing up the nose and down the throat. Horrible feeling. My instinct is to cough and spit up the rancidness out of my body. So I scream and curse at the sky to get their filth out of my lungs. Luckily I can get over the initial blast to my soul, its the barrage of emotions that come after that keep me down.
Once grief or a wave, knocks you off balance you are open up to get hit again. That's when I just get walloped over and over. I can get my back to it enough where its not as painful or uncomfortable as the initial hit but it still sucks. My head actually does hurt. My eyes really do burn from my salty tears. You can try and wade out of the water. The waves won't stop hitting you as you move to dry land. Even if you make it to the beach the tide will rise again and sweep you back into the ocean to ride the waves again.
Funny thought, Adam always made fun of me because I use too many metaphors when I talk. I can't help it if nature provides a good analogy for me to use. Geeez.
I love your metaphor it's so accurate and a perfect way to give a good visual to grief.
ReplyDelete