Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our walk on the freedom trail

I'm went to Boston today. Going to write more later on that experience, but wanted to briefly mention this. Last year on July 4th, Adam and I were in Boston. While roaming around we went to a very popular tourist cemetray and found a few Hurds. We said everytime we were in the city we would stop by to pay our respects. So I did today.

First photo is one Adam took after he laid a rock on the stone to show his respects. Second is from me today. I only now noticed that the Hurd resting here was only 24.
John Hurd died 8/20/1784 

"To this lad Thrine who ere thou art draw near
Here lies the Friend moft lov'd the Son moft dear
Who ne'er knew joy but Friendthip might divide
Or gave his Father Grief but when he died."
 Thanks Adam for laughing at me during the tarot card reading. Not surprised you wouldn't talk to that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment