Monday, August 30, 2010

So much to say....

"We could talk, or not talk for hours and still find something to not talk about." - Best in Show

We had our ritual. It was a prerequisite when we started going out. Part of our "room-mate" agreement if you will. We had to ask the other how their day was whether we cared or not. So most of the time when we talked to each other about school we just zoned out unless there was some drama. When I needed his insight on something he was full attention and always gave me good advice. Didn't always take it, same with him, but at least it was there. His two cents on the situation. I quickly became dependent on those two pennies.

Now I am down to paying someone an hour a week to listen to me and provide their $$$ feed back on my thoughts and feelings. At least she lost her husband to leukemia so she gets the grief thing.  What was hours upon hours of me and Adam therapy, now I have to jam a full weeks worth of issues into really....40 minutes. I don't get how people do it alone. I just...don't....get....it. I don't even understand people who are in relationships and don't tell each other everything. You don't have to discuss every event, but "the love of your life" should know about every significant event. Glad we had that much.

Now back to suffering in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment