Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sky is Falling with Ravens

It seems that there are a lot of things falling from the sky these days. Last week a white bird fell from the sky and I hit it on my windshield. Per death superstitions my natural death is imminent. After Adam's last chemo appointment a white bird flew at our windshield and he passed a week later. So what does that mean my time is coming up short? Hmmm.....

I finally got to see a shooting star driving home last night. I went out during the peak time the other night but the Miami lights wash out the sky. The fact I got to see one means it must have been pretty big to burn that bright, enough for me to see it on the highway. I made my wish.

-------

So football season is getting underway. We never got into preseason games but loved the regular season. Adam loved his Ravens. For those that don't know Adam was a drummer in the Raven's band. He was involved for years and bragged and bragged about how he got to go to so many games for free. Only got to go to one Ravens game together, because it cost money and we live in Miami. Ravens won of coarse. For Christmas I got him the purple polo that he wanted to wear to work to show his purple pride. Since Ravens made it to post season last year he got to wear it once the way he wanted. Hopefully the Ravens will take it all the way this year.

Adam in the Ravens Band

1 comment:

  1. My husband was also a Ravens fan... he loved going to the games on occasion with his friend. He decided he wanted PSL/season tickets... when he set his mind to something, he accomplished it (except he couldn't beat cancer). He purchased the PSLs and was so excited for us to go to the games. Then... his cancer returned. He never got to watch a game in his seats.

    ReplyDelete